Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Why Tim Tebow Isn't Stripping Down for Jockey - People Magazine

Miley Cyrus Plaid
Courtesy Jockey

Tim Tebow is a modest guy, but sometimes, he just wants to talk about his underwear.

On Friday, the New York Jets quarterback and Jockey spokesman emceed “Hot City Cool Down,” a fashion show in Orlando held for 300 guests. While Tebow â€" dressed in a Jockey T-shirt and jeans (sorry, ladies) â€" talked about the brand’s latest styles, male and female underwear models walked the runway.

Relaxing with PEOPLE after the event, Tebow said that he feels more comfortable on the field than on the runway. “I did get a little bit nervous about it,” he said of the runway presentation, “because I cared how the show would turn out. I wanted it to go well, and I didn’t want to let anyone down. I wanted to do a good job.” (Case in point: when a sudden storm caused a second show to be canceled, Tebow hosted an impromptu VIP reception for attendees, posing for pictures and doling out hugs.)

But don’t expect Tebow â€" admittedly a boxer-briefs guy â€" to strip down to his skivvies anytime soon: “For me, it’s not about walking down the runway in just my underwear,” he said, laughing. “I’m really trying to represent Jockey in the right way. They do things with class, and I want to do the same. I just focus on telling people what I like.”

Sipping on an iced coffee, Tebow said that he “can’t wait” for next season, his first with the Jets. “I’m really excited about it,” he said. “I really think the world of my teammates. It’s a great fit. If you really love what you do, you never work a day in your life. And I’m blessed to be in this situation. I try to always remember how blessed I am.”

Tebow, who said he is happily single, admitted he often struggles with keeping focused on what’s important. “It’s really easy to say my priorities are faith, family and football, in that order. But that’s really hard to live, because life gets in the way. And suddenly, instead of spending time with family, you’re off working. So I really have to prioritize everything. I’m still working through that. And I’m passionate about the game of football, but it’s just a game.”

And as usual, Tebow lit up as he talked about his charitable work. “We’re building the Tebow CURE Children’s Hospital in the Philippines,” he said excitedly. “And we’re also building 18 Timmy’s Playrooms (hospital play areas for seriously ill children) â€" 11 in the states, seven in third-world countries. That’s my purpose,” he explained. “I want to find a way to make difference in other peoples’ lives, to give them a better day.”

â€"Steve Helling

WANT MORE CUTE GUYS? SEE 10 HOTS HOTS OF JOE MANGANIELLO

No comments:

Post a Comment