Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Tebow doesn't want a trade or a condo - USA TODAY

Sponsored Links

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Tim Tebow is having another welcome-to-New York moment.

The Jets' backup quarterback and starting Wildcatter was asked Friday about a report by the New York Daily News this week that he'd request a trade at the end of this season if he didn't get a full-time role at quarterback this year.

"Yeah, that's what these guys told me about a little bit ago. I find that pretty funny," Tebow said. "It's about as true as me living in Hoboken, I think."

Tebow denied reports this spring he'd moved into New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning's adopted hometown across the Hudson River from Manhattan. Now, having played one game with the Jets in which he appeared on field nine times and did not attempt a pass, he's shooting down reports about his happiness, or supposed lack thereof, with his new employer.

"I guess that's just part of what you have to deal with, rumors and stuff like that. I don't know," Tebow said. "But all I can say is I love being here as a Jet. I'm thankful for it, I want to be here for a long time. It's just one of those things you have to put up with."

Asked what he has against Hoboken, home of Frank Sinatra and the reality show Cake Boss, Tebow laughed and replied, "Nothing, except everybody says I live there, still to this day."

Sponsored Links

No comments:

Post a Comment